Friday, January 26, 2018

One Week of Commitment Complete...On to the Next!

How was the first week of this commitment journey for you? Did you make it every single day?! Did you?! It's ok if you didn't and it's awesome if you did, because we are creating rituals and habits. We are changing and committing to things that aren't the norm. So, everyone isn't going to have smooth sailing or 100% commitment right away. Success in commitment means staying loyal to the process, after the mood has passed! 

Transparency Moment #1. So, my goal was to start a day ahead of you all with my meditations and my yoga...at one point during the 7 days I missed a day and thank God I was ahead. So there was room for grace. My goal is to actually get back ahead of you again and double up this weekend. I know you are probably thinking, why get ahead of us? It can be a little stressful creating content around my Facebook posts when I don't think on it. Yeah, that's all, no real amazing excuse. Lol. Sorry, I failed you. 

Transparency Moment #2...I have been off a bit due to some stress factors in my life causing some focus issues and lack of proper planning of my time. Through that it's been hard to find my creative passion in my photography, quote making, everything. Part of this commitment journey is dedicated to that reboot in life. But this past week I did have to give myself grace in the Instagram space as well. My goal was to prep all my posts for the week, approximately 21, so I could simply post them. Unfortunately I missed the mark on that a couple of times. So to take some anxiety off a process that's supposed to boost morale and also create an awakening within I did  lower the bar a bit. I decided, as of yesterday, I would do only 1-2 posts a day, but at least one to give myself some reprieve and not feel like a complete failure when I didn't follow through.

So, here is a teachable, learnable moment...DON'T BE AFRAID TO PIVOT a bit in your commitment. It doesn't make you a failure. I am not saying completely drop what you committed to, but give yourself some grace. If you said I will do yoga everyday and find the day is winding down, the yoga isn't done...pivot a bit and do maybe a few downward dogs. If you said I will meditate daily and the day gets away from you and you don't make it happen early in the morning, do some deep breath exercises before bed and empty that brain out. If you said I will walk a mile every single day and missed the walk, do some jumping jacks or something active. Just do something to represent you showing up for the day. 

Now, we don't want to make the pivot a habit, right? But we also don't want to drop the commitment completely because of 1 or 2 days (hopefully with space in between them, not consecutively...but I'm not judging, LOL) of missing the mark. We can miss the mark at times and when we are building habits and commitments missing the mark can seem debilitating if you are a perfectionist like me. That's what I don't want to happen. So this commitment journey is also an opportunity to break past perfectionism!

Enjoy the journey...ENJOY THE JOURNEY...Enjoy the Journey. 

Stay grateful...STAY GRATEFUL...Stay grateful. 

Remind yourself why you are doing this...REMIND YOURSELF DAILY WHY YOU ARE DOING THIS...Remind yourself why you are doing this. 

Week 2 begins...
Friday, January 25 is Day 8 of our Commitment journey. If you are meditating with me, you have been using the Calm app and have now completed the "7 Days of Calm." So our next phase of the meditation journey will be "21 Days of Calm" where we deepen our mindfulness and continue to add to our meditation tools. We will also continue our yoga journey with Adriene, completing her 30 day "True" challenge

If you didn't start on the same day as I started, please don't feel discouraged to start now. There is no time like the present to began committing to a journey of improving your life emotionally, mentally, spiritually, physically, financially and so much more! 

I would like to close by expressing gratitude in you embarking on this journey with me and I look forward to hearing how this commitment challenge is working out for you! 


Until next time, stay motivated, stay positive, and trust God!

Please visit the Lovelee Motivation Facebook Page or Lovelee Motivation IG page to receive daily motivations and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment