Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Success Nonsecret...Commitment

Every quarter I complete this somewhat thorough analysis around various aspects of my life; health, spiritual, financial, business/career, and personal (love/parenting). I use this tool, the Annual Guide Book, provided by fitness professional and thought leader, Trish Blackwell.  Part of this exercise is to evaluate my performance in the previous quarter, identify areas of improvement and set goals. One thing I usually do is select a word to depict what I would like to see in that quarter and then drill down further really quantifying and qualifying what my exact desires are in detail, how I plan to get there and why its important to me. I actually really love that part of the planning process, because the analytical side of me is able to be extremely detail oriented in the documentation and the direct side of me gets to tell my self what a loser I have over the last 3 months. Lol. Totally kidding, I actually do have areas where I "WIN."

In theory it's really a great exercise, BUT when I started the process this year for 2018 first quarter I realized something that I've known for some time, MY COMMITMENT SUCKS! I plan, I start strong, then I let things get in the way. I allow "life" to happen and things take a drastic turn and I don't fulfill all the things I set out to complete. Unfortunately I have to admit I've seen this in other aspects of my life as well, such as with friendships, various projects I've volunteered with...and I can't allow it to continue. I've asked God for "Focus" for some time now and that was even my word for the last quarter of 2017. Yet, in prayer and evaluation, I realized the secret to success in any venture in life is COMMITMENT. Commitment drives all of those other adjectives, verbs and nouns that I've been using over the years. Without commitment, there is no focus. Without commitment, there is no completion. Without commitment, there's a journey that doesn't produce fully desired results.

Let's face it, the journey still exists, but without commitment to the goal in mind it's like driving with no real destination, whether it's yoga 30 days, prayer 40 days, meditation 21 days. So this year, I WANT COMMITMENT. And can I just take a moment to allow my analytical side to chime in...I want commitment in other areas of my life, such as a relationship and deeper friendships, but if I am not giving it, how can I expect it, right?! Basic Law of Attraction working here...therefore commitment will lead to relationships full of reciprocity.

There are 3 major commitments I want to complete over the next 30 days and I am going to use the blog, IG and my Facebook page to make it happen and create accountability. 
1. I want commitment with my Lovelee Motivation blog and Lovelee Motivation Instagram page, because there are so many accountability factors connected to it.
2. I want commitment in my yoga practice, because I always immediately notice the difference in my body and mind when I'm consistent. True - Yoga by Adrienne
3. I want commitment in my meditation practice, because in those treasured moments of calm and meditation, my mind opens up in ways that create this better human in the way I conduct friendships, the way I parent, the way I love others, the way I connect with God and just so much more.

So, for the next 30 days my goal, starting January 19th, is to post daily my meditation practice, my yoga practice and some type of creative inspiration on Facebook and/or IG. I know it's the new year and you're like "So this is your New Years resolution?" This is my life resolution. I have lost really amazing habits and created really terrible habits. So I am COMMITTED to breaking those bad habits in the most vital areas of my life and creating really rich ritual habits to enhance the woman that I am...

Are you interested in increasing your commitment level and making some changes in your life? 
Here's a few tips to help get you started... 
1. Write down your goals. Describe why this change or goal is important to you. 
2. Create some level of accountability with someone. 
3. Start with a small, digestible time limit to deliver on this goal. Like start with 21-30 days, re-evaluate after that time, then start again with another 30 days. 
4. Plan, plan, plan. Whether it's a new diet lifestyle, workout plan, a new morning ritual, whatever it is, make sure to plan a day ahead for what you will do tomorrow. Planning reduces opportunities to not commit. Mark off that time in the day to complete your goal, wake up in the morning, review your schedule and set your intentions to get it done!

As I referenced in the beginning of my blog I really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Trish Blackwell's Annual Guide Book. It gives you that full view of what you are going for and what you want to accomplish. If you are into podcasts she has also done many podcasts on how to accomplish goals and so much more. Please check out her site for her "Confidence on the Go" podcasts episodes.  

So Friday, January 19, 2018,  is the big day...You may say "Why wait till Friday?!" Because I want to, lol...and are you really going to let a day of the week dictate your journey towards improving your life, your soul, your body and your mentality? 

I look forward to taking this journey with you!

Until next time, stay motivated, stay positive, and trust God!
Please visit the Lovelee Motivation Facebook Page or Lovelee Motivation IG page to receive daily motivations and inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment